I. Position Information
|Position Title: Financial Controller|
|Reporting to : Head of Financial Accounting, Treasury & Tax||Job Group: DMM||Location: Yangon, Myanmar|
|Division: Digital Money Myanmar||Department: Finance & People Performance||Unit: Finance |
II. Education & Professional Qualifications
Tertiary Education: Bachelors or Masters in Finance, Accounting or related studies.
Professional Qualifications: CPA or CA qualifications will be advantageous
- Contribute to the overall success of the organisation by effectively contributing to the review and implementation of financial policies, controls and strategies for the company.
- Build credibility across the organisation through a hands-on, collaborative approach by bringing commercial expertise and a forward thinking approach to financial management accounting, systems and controls.
- Production of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly management accounts and statutory annual financial statements
- Develop financial and tax strategies in accordance with statutory regulations
- Drive continuous improvement in systems and procedures
- Support the CFO in the successful management of all accounting systems and controls
- Monitor and direct the implementation of financial and tax strategies
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic plan
- Manage the month end, quarter end and year end group reporting requirements
- Successfully coordinate the preparation of year end accounts and coordinate with the external auditors to conclude audit reports
Management & Financial Accounting:
- Lead the preparation of consolidated group financial statements and interim reports
- Controlling changes to financial statements as a result of changes in accounting standards
- Lead and coordinate the budget and forecast process
- Continually adapt and improve management reports as agreed with the CFO & Head of Accounting
- Create, develop and manage robust management accounts that provide accurate and high quality information to all stakeholders
- Effectively communicate the management accounts and reports to stakeholders to facilitate decision making
- Lead the finance team for an efficient and effective finance controls and process
Accounting Systems & Process Improvement:
- In partnership with the Head of Technology, CFO and Finance team, define requirements for new application and software implementations
- In collaboration with the Head of Accounting, oversee the delivery of multiple and concurrent transformation initiatives within the finance team to support improved integration of data, accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting as well as analysis of trends.
IV. Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities The results of the work of the Head of Risk & Compliance greatly impacts on the standing and reputation of DMM in the country. The incumbent has to responsible for implementation and management of Risk and Compliance strategies for the DMM and its products. The Head of Risk & Compliance is accountable to the CEO for the timely and effective and efficient Mobile Financial Services delivery of the DMM and a proactive response of business and economy changes in the country context.
- Execution of scheduled Risk Management Committee Charter
- Risk Reviews of business development & operational processes.
- Establish Risk Management Register & Matrix. Implementation & Monitoring Risks.
- Managemnet of Fraud monitoring & controls / investigation and Reporting
- Integrated Tool for monitoring Risk and Reporting
- Monitor adherence to related Policies.
- Monitor & Improve Risk Matrix and Assessment
- Management & identification of suspicious transaction, investigation & reporting
- Regulatory Compliance.
- Monitoring of Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing
- Risk related Policies Implementation – AML, KYC & on-boarding, Fraud Management, COB, Anti-Corruption & Risk event reporting.
- Enforce Risk Management Policy & Procedure with all streams of DMM.
- Risk Management Goals or “Standards” for the practice
- Audit Committee formation & implement best practice.
- Relationship management & coordination with related stream at Telenor &Yoma Bank
V. Key Performance and Success Indicators
- Performance : Develop and implementation of prevention of risk and business compliance model and strategies in line with Myanmar country context for DMM and to be operational within the set timeframe; ensure implementation of such important policies and prevention of misuse and fraud for financial resources.
- Client focus and orientation : Anticipates constraints in the delivery of DMM’s services and proactively identifies, develops and discusses solutions or alternatives
- Results-based improvement and management : Identifies business strategies using a fact-based approach; Ensure effective operation of DMM strategies and business sustainability; Pre-emptive business risks and constrains by setting out Policies and prevention plan; Conceptualizes more effective approaches to DMM development and implementation and to mobilizing and using resources
- Leadership and people management : Build a high performance culture by communicating an energising and compelling vision for future growth, underpinned by challenging business targets and creation of the conditions for success.
VI. Key Stakeholders
This position has to communicate with various stakeholders such as, national counterparts, regulators and government authorities, partner organizations, corporate clients, investors, financial sponsor, business partners and suppliers, peers and community. In simplest way, we define anyone who comes into contact with Wave Money/ DMM as a stake holders.
- Partnership : Successful professional approaches to collaboration with all stakeholders and team;
- Communication : Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication; Constructively challenge those with power and authority
- Management : Create a positive and productive work environment, Model proper staff behavior and promote inclusive practices; Create a sense of shared responsibility/credit for accomplishments and shared responsibility for challenges or failures; Lead an efficient and effective organizational operation according to best practices.
- Decision-making : Delegate appropriate decisions and responsibilities; Make clear and timely decisions; Fair and transparent decision making
- Organizational Development : Create a work environment in which learning is; Creating an emotionally intelligent organization, staff competence; Building and promoting effective teams, creating an environment of creativity and innovation.
VIII. Experience, Functional Skills and Knowledge Areas
- 10 years of relevant experience at the Local or International Organisation.
- Extensive experience in research and policy-level analysis, financial risk control and compliance management. Some experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of risks and compliance projects.
Education and qualifications:
- Advance university degree in Financial Control Management, Risk and Compliance Management, Public Policy, Business Administration and Management, Banking and Financial Services or other relevant field
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and advanced programmes for data analysis.
Funcational Skills and Knowledge Areas:
- Ability to lead formulation and monitoring of management projects
- Ability to lead effectively, mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills
- Experience with people management and development
- Prior engagement in strategy development and execution
- Change management and adaptability
- Demonstrated decision making capability
- Ability to drive customer behaviour and provide excellent customer experience.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of the financial risks control and knowledge of international norms and standards of financial compliance.
- Fluent in English and knowledge of local language (Myanmar) is asset
I. Position Information Position Title: Financial Controller Reporting to : Head of Financial Accounting, Treasury & Tax Job Group: DMM Location: Yangon, Myanmar Division: Digital Money Myanmar Department: Finance & People Performance Unit: Finance II. Education & Professional Qualifications Tertiary Education: Bachelors or Masters in Finance, Accounting or related studies. Professional Qualifications: CPA or CA qualifications […]
Deadline to apply: Jun 30, 2017
Place of work: Yangon, Myanmar