I. Position Information
|Position Title: Head of Risk & Compliance|
|Reporting to : CEO||Job Group: Strategy||Location: Yangon|
|Division: Digital Money Myanmar||Department: Risk & Compliance Management||Unit: Risk Management|
II. Position Purpose
Risk Management Committee Charter & Risk Management Framework. Policies Development & Implementation. Business & Operational Process Reviews. Risk Register & Matrix development. Regulatory Compliance & Audit Committee Framework.
III. Key Result Ares
The results of the work of the Head of Risk & Compliance greatly impacts on the standing and reputation of DMM in the country. The incumbent has to responsible for implementation and management of Risk and Compliance strategies for the DMM and its products. The Head of Risk & Compliance is accountable to the CEO for the timely and effective and efficient Mobile Financial Serivces delivery of the DMM and a proactive response of business and economy changes in the country context.
IV. Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Execution of scheduled Risk Management Committee Charter
- Risk Reviews of business development & operational processes.
- Establish Risk Management Register & Matrix. Implementation & Monitoring Risks.
- Managemnet of Fraud monitoring & controls / investigation and Reporting
- Integrated Tool for monitoring Risk and Reporting
- Monitor adherence to related Policies.
- Monitor & Improve Risk Matrix and Assessment
- Management & identification of suspicious transaction, investigation & reporting
- Regulatory Compliance.
- Monitoring of Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing
- Risk related Policies Implementation – AML, KYC & on-boarding, Fraud Management, COB, Anti-Corruption & Risk event reporting.
- Enforce Risk Management Policy & Procedure with all streams of DMM.
- Risk Management Goals or “Standards” for the practice
- Audit Committee formation & implement best practice.
- Relationship management & coordination with related stream at Telenor &Yoma Bank
V. Key Performance and Success Indicators
- Performance : Develop and implementation of prevention of risk and business compliance model and strategies in line with Myanmar country context for DMM and to be operational within the set timeframe; ensure implementation of such important policies and prevention of misuse and fraud for financial resources.
- Client focus and orientation : Anticipates constraints in the delivery of DMM’s services and proactively identifies, develops and discusses solutions or alternatives
- Results-based improvement and management : Identifies business strategies using a fact-based approach; Ensure effective operation of DMM strategies and business sustainability; Pre-emptive business risks and constrains by setting out Policies and prevention plan; Conceptualizes more effective approaches to DMM development and implementation and to mobilizing and using resources
- Leadership and people management : Build a high performance culture by communicating an energising and compelling vision for future growth, underpinned by challenging business targets and creation of the conditions for success.
VI. Key Stakeholders
This position has to communicate with various stakeholders such as, national counterparts, regulators and government authorities, partner organizations, corporate clients, investors, financial sponsor, business partners and suppliers, peers and community. In simplest way, we define anyone who comes into contact with Wave Money/ DMM as a stake holders.
- Partnership : Successful professional approaches to collaboration with all stakeholders and team;
- Communication : Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication; Constructively challenge those with power and authority
- Management : Create a positive and productive work environment, Model proper staff behavior and promote inclusive practices; Create a sense of shared responsibility/credit for accomplishments and shared responsibility for challenges or failures; Lead an efficient and effective organizational operation according to best practices.
- Decision-making : Delegate appropriate decisions and responsibilities; Make clear and timely decisions; Fair and transparent decision making
- Organizational Development : Create a work environment in which learning is; Creating an emotionally intelligent organization, staff competence; Building and promoting effective teams, creating an environment of creativity and innovation.
VIII. Experience, Functional Skills and Knowledge Areas
- 10 years of relevant experience at the Local or International Organisation.
- Extensive experience in research and policy-level analysis, financial risk control and compliance management. Some experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of risks and compliance projects.
Education and qualifications:
- Advance university degree in Financial Control Management, Risk and Compliance Management, Public Policy, Business Administration and Management, Banking and Financial Services or other relevant field
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and advanced programmes for data analysis.
Funcational Skills and Knowledge Areas:
- Ability to lead formulation and monitoring of management projects
- Ability to lead effectively, mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills
- Experience with people management and development
- Prior engagement in strategy development and execution
- Change management and adaptability
- Demonstrated decision making capability
- Ability to drive customer behaviour and provide excellent customer experience.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of the financial risks control and knowledge of international norms and standards of financial compliance.
- Fluent in English and knowledge of local language (Myanmar) is asset
I. Position Information Position Title: Head of Risk & Compliance Reporting to : CEO Job Group: Strategy Location: Yangon Division: Digital Money Myanmar Department: Risk & Compliance Management Unit: Risk Management II. Position Purpose Risk Management Committee Charter & Risk Management Framework. Policies Development & Implementation. Business & Operational Process Reviews. Risk Register & Matrix development. […]
Deadline to apply: May 12, 2017
Place of work: